Thursday, February 7, 2013

Challenge Entry - Switch

Single Frame Stories Prompt: Switch

The prompt this week over here is Switch (as indicated above). As usual, images came to mind when I read it. I had to figure out how to convey the instant mental pictures, the meanings of the word to me, to others. I wasn't sure how I would do that.

All that is typical reaction to prompts.

I happened to acquire a photo of my grandmother this week. I created a high-resolution scan of the photo to "clean it up." I had already written my 100 word story, so the text for an image was somewhat in my mind. I had the photo in my editing software... The next thing I knew, I was working on my entry. I made a few different version. I ended up with two that I kind of liked.

One the focus was more on the words.

Switch vrs01

The other focused a more on the woman.

Switch vrs04

Both, I'd say, were topical.

I couldn't choose which I liked. So, I shared them with a friend. She chose the second, saying it was easier to read.

I still had another image in my mind though. Another meaning that was just as strong. It was a different kind of switch.

Switch vrs05
"Picking a proper switch isn’t always easy." 

To my knowledge, only one entry per challenge per person is allowed. So I went with my grandmother, smaller lettering. If I could though, I'd also contribute the "Proper Switch."

~B

{Edit: Whiskey has informed me that more than one entry is allowed. "Proper Switch" shall be submitted as well. Yesh!}



No comments:

Post a Comment