Monday, March 25, 2013

Challenge Entry - Vanilla

The Single Frame Stories prompt for last week was an aromatic one. It was a word that, to some, brings to mind cookies and cakes, ice cream and candles. However, those are not the images that came to my mind. Perhaps this is more a commentary on where my mind was or where I expected others to go, but what I imagined was a woman standing outside a door. The woman was pale, shocked. What was behind that door was … too much for her, too unusual. She was vanilla; behind the door was anything but vanilla.

If I had access to a VW, I may have made that picture. If I took the time to find the proper door and model, I may have made it in RL. Instead, I slacked. Instead, I waited. Instead, I made a different image.

My life is not what it once was. That is probably true of everyone.

I could go into detail of how I’ve become an old, boring adult. I could go on about life in a small town. I could (longingly) reminisce about a former life and a former me. However, I’ll spare you all that and just say that as I went through ideas for this prompt, my mind formed an image of a woman drowning in a sea of vanilla…

Vanilla
"Lost in a Sea of Vanilla"

It's not exactly what I had in mind, but (considering I had to "steal" one of my own, very old, photos for the "girl") I think it conveys the story I wanted to tell.

Either that or one of a cargo plane crash that was carrying a shipment of vanilla...

~B

No comments:

Post a Comment